- Project Architect:
- Donaldson & Warn Architects
- the Christ Church Grammar School corner of Stirling Highway & Queenslea Drive Claremont Perth Western Australia
Christ Church Grammar School Perth Western Australia
This recently completed project will help you understand the benefits of our 74mm polycarbonate system and shows the versatility of our system.
Everbright E610 Opal and Clear was used at the Christ Church Grammar School Perth WA.
This development consisted of the following areas;
- Clear panels used on several large gymnasium walls 5mtr, 3.5mtr and 1.5mtr panel lengths x 25mtr (no mid rail supports)
- Opal translucent soffit linings tapering @ 7.5mtr down to 900mm and then up to 5.2ntr set over one intermediate support
- 2 x further Opal translucent soffit linings 5.2mtr, 5mtr and 2.5mtr panel lengths (free span) no intermediate support required
On the large gymnasium walls the locking arrangement was locking system LS2.2 and the soffit linings areas consisted of locking systems LS2.3 and LS2.2. See design loads, which shows you in more detail the different locking systems available.
Our panels simply clip together making the installation process very rapid, as our product only requires to be joined every 600mm on site.
All three areas were approximately 325 square meters.
The design brief for this development was for a modern unique translucent system, that would be a major feature statement within the whole development.
Product selection was very thorough due to the nature of this facility, the client's specifications was for a product that was self cleaning, impact resistance, intruder resistance, minimize structural requirements and had a long life span.
Other important considerations was for the selected material to have superior thermal and acoustic performance characteristics.
Another major factor was for a system that could provide as much natural light as possible for all these areas. Everbright E610's increased free span capabilities, made our polycarbonate system an excellent choice for this development giving the desired results, as it is one of the strongest translucent materials available in the world today.
Our premiére product enhanced this development with its clean modern look, which created the correct ambience and comfortable environment for all the staff and pupils at the school.
Additionally our system is rapid to install, keeping disruption down to a minimum for any development and also helped keep to the builders stringent deadline.
Our polycarbonate system give a seamless and continuous line, with no steel frame work spoiling the visual effect. E610's integral locking bars hide the aspect of where a panel starts and where it finishes, so it becomes a continuous system giving a uniformed and conformed design feature. Creating an architectural flare, that isn't possible with any other polycarbonate system available on the market.
E610 polycarbonate panels incorporate an excellent safety factor. All loading criteria are based on 0.75kN/sqm and a 50% safety factor as part of a standard specification detailing.
Everbright E610 major advantages at a glance:
- Rapid installation
- Superior free span (see design loads)
- Can be extruded to a maximum 20.5mtr
- Minimal additional structure required with our system
- Strongest translucent material in the world (74mm profile)
- 100% fully trafficable
- Passed the AS1562.3-2006 sand bag test
- Impact resistance
- Intruder resistance
- Cyclone rated
- Superior thermal/ acoustic performance
- Long life span
- Coextruded UV protection layer
- Australian manufactured
- Unique jointing arrangement
- Self cleaning dome shape
- Light weight product
This project is located at the Christ Church Grammar School corner of Stirling Highway & Queenslea Drive Claremont Perth, Western Australia
The project can be viewed should site visits be required and adequate notice is given.