Donaldson & Warn Architects Northbridge Perth Western Australia
For this application E610 was used flat and the screen dimensions were approximately 2050mm x 1090mm incorporating Locking System LS1. Locking system 1 simply means there are 6 polycarbonate locking bars required out of every 6 chambers. See design loads, which shows you in more detail the different locking systems available.
These panels were extruded, and supplied in a complete frame to simplify matters and keep the install down to a minimum. The specification for the aluminium frame colour was Dulux Precious Silver Pearle.
Our product was selected due to the modern and uniformed look our panels create. The opal coloured panels resolved issues for staff with privacy and due to our panels increased thickness help with sound reduction making our system a perfect solution.
Opal panels have a 65 percent light transmission for visible light and a thermal performance of 1.85W/m"K.
This helps diffuse the nature light, whilst remaining translucent.
Makrolon 1243 is the material used in our polycarbonate roofing system, which is part of the worldwide Bayer Group.
Everbright E610 comes with a manufacture’s worldwide 10 year warranty and the panels have a life expectancy in excess of 35 years.
Our polycarbonate system give a seamless and continuous line, with no steel frame work spoiling the visual effect. E610 Integral locking bars hide the aspect of where a panel starts and where it finishes, so it becomes a continuous system giving a uniformed and conformed design feature. Creating an architectural flare, that isn't possible with any other polycarbonate system available on the market.
E610 polycarbonate panels incorporate an excellent safety factor. All loading criteria are based on 0.75 kN/sqm and a 50% safety factor as part of a standard specification detailing.
- Superior free span capabilities (see design loads)
- Fully Trafficable.
- Light weight product. Each panel could be easily lifted and locked into place on site.
- E610 supplied in one complete flat or curved 12mtr length.
- Less structure means less shadows created and as such the natural light translucency is at its full potential.
- Great visual architectural effect.
- Silicone free system. No possible leakage where product is sealed.
- Translucent so that it maximizes natural light without excessive glaze.
- Great thermal performance and sound reduction.
- Self cleaning dome shape profile.
Everbright E610 major advantages at a glance:
- Rapid installation
- Superior free span (see design loads)
- Can be extruded to a maximum 20.5mtr
- Minimal additional structure required with our system
- Strongest translucent material in the world (74mm profile)
- 100% fully trafficable
- Passed the AS1562.3-2006 sand bag test
- Impact resistance
- Intruder resistance
- Cyclone rated
- Superior thermal/ acoustic performance
- Long life span
- Coextruded UV protection layer
- Australian manufactured
- Unique jointing arrangement
- Self cleaning dome shape
- Light weight product
This project is located at , Western Australia
The project can be viewed should site visits be required and adequate notice is given.