- Project Architect:
- Perth Zoo Eco Toilet Facilities 20 Labouchere Road South Perth Western Australia
Eco Toilet Facilities Perth Zoo Development Western Australia
This recently completed project will help you understand the benefits of our 74mm polycarbonate system and shows the versatility of our system.
Everbright E610 opal was used at the eco toilet facilities development Perth Zoo WA as a modern translucent roofing system.
This development consisted of the following areas;
- Male and female toilet facility Everbright translucent roof 5mtr panel length x 11mtr (4mtr free span)
- Parenting toilet facility Everbright translucent roof 4mtr panel length x 3.6mtr (4mtr free span) and combined with solar span colorbond 100mm insulated panels 5mtr panel length x 3.6mtr.
- Unisex toilets solar span colorbond 100mm insulated panels 5mtr panel length x 3mtr.
On both Everbright areas locking arrangement locking system LS2.2 was incorporated and no intermediate supports were required. See design loads, which shows you in more detail the different locking systems available.
Our panels simply clip together making the installation process very rapid, as our product only requires to be joined every 600mm on site.
The total area for Everbright was approximately 70 square meters.
The design brief for this development was for a modern looking translucent system, which would enhance the unique structure, provide a comfortable environment and utilize all the natural light available. The design intention was for all the selected products to have minimal impact on the environment and wildlife at the zoo.
Product selection was very stringent due to the nature of this facility, the client's specifications was for a product that was eco friendly, 100% recyclable, manufactured in WA, self cleaning, impact resistance, trafficable, minimize structural requirements and had a long life span.
Other important considerations was for the selected material to have superior thermal and acoustic performance characteristics.
Additionally construction had to be completed very quickly due to the strict guidelines regarding minimal disturbances for the animals, staff and customers.
Our system is rapid to install, which helped keep to the builders stringent deadline.
All these requirements made our polycarbonate system an excellent choice for this development giving the desired effect, as it is one of the strongest translucent materials available in the world today.
Our polycarbonate system give a seamless and continuous line, with no steel frame work spoiling the visual effect. E610's integral locking bars hide the aspect of where a panel starts and where it finishes, so it becomes a continuous system giving a uniformed and conformed design feature. Creating an architectural flare, that isn't possible with any other polycarbonate system available on the market.
Additionally our system is rapid to install, keeping disruption down to a minimum for any development.
E610 polycarbonate panels incorporate an excellent safety factor. All loading criteria are based on 0.75kN/sqm and a 50% safety factor as part of a standard specification detailing.
Everbright E610 major advantages at a glance:
- Rapid installation
- Superior free span (see design loads)
- Can be extruded to a maximum 20.5mtr
- Minimal additional structure required with our system
- Strongest translucent material in the world (74mm profile)
- 100% fully trafficable
- Passed the AS1562.3-2006 sand bag test
- Impact resistance
- Intruder resistance
- Cyclone rated
- Superior thermal/ acoustic performance
- Long life span
- Coextruded UV protection layer
- Australian manufactured
- Unique jointing arrangement
- Self cleaning dome shape
- Light weight product
This project is located at Perth Zoo Eco Toilet Facilities 20 Labouchere Road South Perth, Western Australia
The project can be viewed should site visits be required and adequate notice is given.