- Project Architect:
- Matthews & HSH Architects
- Great Southern Grammar Schools Arts Centre Canopy Albany Western Australia
Gymnasium Wall & Entrance Canopy GSG School Albany Western Australia
This recently completed project will help you understand the benefits of our 74mm polycarbonate system and shows the versatility of our system.
Everbright E610 Opal was used at the Great Southern Grammar Schools Stage 3 Albany WA.
This development consisted of the following areas;
- Large gymnasium wall 5.25mtr x 40mtr with one mid rail support
- Entrance canopy roof 13.5mtr x 8mtr canopy roof (4mtr free span)
- Tapering entrance vertical wall 4.25mtr - 3.5mtr (no mid rail support)
- Small internal entrance vertical walls.
- Entrance canopy external vertical walls 2.05mtr x 8mtr fixed at an acute angle
On the large gymnasium wall the locking arrangement was locking system LS2.1 and the entrance canopy areas consisted of locking systems LS2.2, LS2.1 and LS1. See design loads, which shows you in more detail the different locking systems available.
Our panels simply clip together making the installation process very rapid, as our product only requires to be joined every 600mm on site.
The total area was approximately 352 square meters.
The design brief for this development was for a modern unique looking translucent system that would be the signature statement for the whole development.
Due to the nature of this facility the client was looking for a product that was self cleaning, graffiti proof, impact and intruder resistance.
Additionally the selected material was required to have a long life span, superior thermal and acoustic performance characteristics.
Another major consideration was for a system that could provide as much natural light as possible for all these areas and be ascetically pleasing. Everbright E610's increased free span capabilities, made our polycarbonate system an excellent choice for this development giving the desired results, as the Everbright system is one of the strongest translucent materials available in the world today.
Furthermore the client and project Architect have now used this product on three separate large scale developments at the Great Southern Grammar School redevelopments.
This is again further testimony with the satisfaction and delivery of the Everbright E610 product.
Our polycarbonate system give a seamless and continuous line, with no steel frame work spoiling the visual effect. E610's integral locking bars hide the aspect of where a panel starts and where it finishes, so it becomes a continuous system giving a uniformed and conformed design feature. Creating an architectural flare, that isn't possible with any other polycarbonate system available on the market.
E610 polycarbonate panels incorporate an excellent safety factor. All loading criteria are based on 0.75kN/sqm and a 50% safety factor as part of a standard specification detailing.
Everbright E610 major advantages at a glance:
- Rapid installation
- Superior free span (see design loads)
- Can be extruded to a maximum 20.5mtr
- Minimal additional structure required with our system
- Strongest translucent material in the world (74mm profile)
- 100% fully trafficable
- Passed the AS1562.3-2006 sand bag test
- Impact resistance
- Intruder resistance
- Cyclone rated
- Superior thermal/ acoustic performance
- Long life span
- Coextruded UV protection layer
- Australian manufactured
- Unique jointing arrangement
- Self cleaning dome shape
- Light weight product
This project is located at Great Southern Grammar Schools Arts Centre Canopy Albany, Western Australia
The project can be viewed should site visits be required and adequate notice is given.